The rocky road to the exam room

Then the older boys, who had caught their bus 40 minutes earlier, suddenly appeared: "Mum! Where have you been? We 've phoned you about six times." The 16-year-old looked particularly flustered: "Our bus crashed. We 've run all the way back. You have to get me into school straight away or I'llmissmy exams."

There are times inmy life when I've looked back and thought, "I shouldn't have done that", "That was too great a risk", or "What the Hell was I thinking?" Little did I realise this was going to be one of them.

"If you don't get me there in ten minutes, I've missed my exam, " said [Charlie]. We arrived at school with just a few minutes to spare. It was only then I realised how wet Charlie's school shoes, were. "It's because I ran through the snow. My feet are like blocks of ice, " he said. "I'm freezing."

My Zimbio
Top Stories